Monday, December 26, 2005

Now that blogger doesn't hang up on me, it has reverted back to how it was previously, without the timing and date thing below so please don't be gullible and believe whatever time I posted this, thank you very much.

Anyway.
Happy Boxing Day everyone!
26/12/05 already.
It has been exactly one year since the tsunami tragedy.
Let us all have a minute of silence for the victims from that unfortunate disaster.
-1 minute-

okay done.

One more week before you all return to school too.
Sec2 and 3s already, pretty fast, isn't it?
Then next thing you know, you'd be progressing onto Sec3 and 4, where I'll also be starting Year 1 in University.
Time and tide wait for no man, so do cherish your years with your friends, and persuasively, your teachers.
Oh and your family too.
Soon, you'll be devoting most of your time to schoolwork and outdoor chilling, hence neglecting your family at home.
Ironically, I chill at home but not with my family.
Yes you guessed it, I always chill in front of this box I using to blog this now=)

So, what can I say?
Work hard and play hard.
Don't take your studies and work for granted because they're really important, since MOE is making so many changes to the education system.
Better watch out before you fall behind.

Oh yes.
Please try your best to pull in as many Sec1s as you can, whether they have music/band experience or not. But of course don't force them lah~ It'll just kill their interest and dislike band for their next 4/5 years in the school.
If you're not sure of how to 'attract', please ask Jacqueline for advice.
She has 3 years of experience regarding this matter=)
Worst come to worst, ask me, but it's not really recommended because I'm trying to avoid helping out yeah?
Haha just kidding lah.

Probably come on 7th Jan to help out?
Then later that night, I'm flying to Japan.
Then there'll be tryouts for performing arts the coming Thursday.

This is probably the most important way of handling a Sec1.
Never let them feel neglected.
Don't hang out in your cliques in band.
Help out and talk to them as much as possible to make them feel at home.
Joke, laugh and talk POSITIVELY about band.
BUT.
Never, NEVER insult other CCAs.
NEVER.
If the other CCAs dare to do that, report to the Teachers, Band AND those CCAs'.
It's never good to play underhand, just undermining their character to pull in as many recruits as THEY can because they're desperate.
However, if you do hear Sec1s talking bad about band, do try to clarify with them in a nice way.
=)
Nice band members. Nice band seniors. Nice band practice.
Who wouldn't join yeah?

I hope I'm not just making empty talk here.
Do heed seriously of what I just typed above.

I'll update again when I feel like it.
Will be soon as I won't be updating my current blog any longer.
I'll relink my new blog here.
So just go see see lor.
Haha but I also won't be updating that until 1st January 2006.

Till then~

-afk-

No comments: